Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Can I just say that I am dying for a cigarette right now?!

I know it's an unpopular thing to do these days...smoke that is, and, likely, even more unpopular to admit it and gloat about it. But I do smoke and I do love it. Yes, I know it's bad for my health - my lungs, my skin, my teeth and my breath. Yes, I know about all of the wicked things the tobacco companies do to us poor, addicted souls and the evil things they spew forth to trap other ignorant fools (I've seen the commercials and I ,honestly, just laugh at them). I've heard every side of every pro-smoking and anti-smoking spiel.

What it comes down to is I want to smoke. I make a conscious effort to put a nicotine-tobacco-cancer-causing-stick to my lips and ignite it and I won't be one of those asshats that turns around one day and sues a tobacco company because I'm breathing through a hole in my neck. I'm well aware of what I'm doing, and the consequences. Same as when I drink. But smoking has become this huge thing now - I see it one day actually becoming fully illegal. There are many states where you cannot smoke, even on the street, and more and more public places are becoming completely smoke-free. It doesn't really bother me, as I rarely smoke when I'm in public places anyway (I don't want to hear them yakking on their damn cell phones, they don't want to inhale my second-hand smoke; I believe in the Golden Rule, ya know?); unless it's a crowded, smoky bar.

I never really even though enough to comment on the whole smoking tirade, even though I've voiced my opinion of those money-hungry idiots who sued the tobacco companies, until one day someone emailed me and said I must be a very interesting person since the photo in my Yahoo! profile was of me smoking. He said something about being very brave to post such a picture in today's society; I guess it was as if I was giving a finger to the haters or something. It really stunned me; it was never my intention to make any kind of statement, and the fact that such a picture did really got me thinking about this whole smoking silliness.

I like to smoke - no, I take that back - I love to smoke; and I don't really care what anyone says or thinks about it. And I realize that, in this day and age, such a statement seems to bother some people. I think those anti-smoking commercials are dumb and a bit over-the-top (let it go, people) and they never once have made me not want to smoke. Some day I won't want to smoke anymore, and I'll stop. I won't sue anyone, or turn into a smoking-hater. That's my thoughts on this whole smoking thing; care to share yours?


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 11:58 AM
|




Powered by Blogger