Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Monday, August 18, 2003

I hate hackers.

I've spent the better part of the day updating our field inspectors' laptops with uber virus protection so we could re-enable their dial-in capabilities. Realizing it was going to be a slow process per laptop, I burned three copies of the disk I was using and started doing them 4 at a time. By 3pm, I'd cleared out all the ones brought to me today - 21 laptops total. No small feat considering our other i.t. guy only got 9 done doing them one at a time. sigh. No more worms for awhile, I hope.

I simply cannot wait to go home and pop open an ice cold bottled Michelob Ultra. Yes, the low carb beer. Today I'm starting my lazy version of the Atkins diet. Just completely cutting out the high carb stuff - the regular beer, breads, potatoes, pastas, etc. Basically, everything I eat. I may have told you before that my four main food groups are frozen food, fast food, junk food and food other people make for me. I literally live off of Easy Mac, Wendy's $0.99 menu, Pringles, pizza and beer. I have good metabolism and my diet wasn't a weight-gainer until I became immobile (i.e. on crutches). For three months after the first surgery (and the two that followed), I was in bed. That's when I gained the weight, and since being on crutches doesn't make you all that active, I haven't lost it.

But I'm tired of none of my clothes fitting me, and not being madly in love with my body anymore. It's time for a diet. I am happy to report, though, that in my 25+ years, it is my first. Not that I was blessed with a naturally skinny bod or anything (puh-leaze) but that I was always too lazy to go on a diet. I've always wanted to be thinner (even when I was sickly so), but it was never a driving force. I was still comfortable with my natural curves. But this extra 10 lbs I've put on just ain't cutting it. Oh shut it. I can hear you now, "she's that upset over gaining 10 lbs??!" Look, when you're only 4'10", 10 lbs has a whole different meaning. I don't think I'm fat or anything, I'm just not as happy with myself as I once was - and it's that simple. So, hello Atkins, goodbye everything I once loved; for a little while anyway.

Not much else to report. Going to have dinner this evening with my favorite friend, whom I haven't hung with in way too long. That will be cool. Of course, not knowing about my new diet plans, he'd gone at lunchtime and bought the ingredients for french bread pizza - lol. We'll see if I stick to my new diet when faced with my greatest food love tonight. A true test on the first day - that's pretty cool actually.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 2:10 PM
|




Powered by Blogger