Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Been very busy, but didn't want you to think I'd gone away forever. Thinking of re-vamping the whole look of this page; just because I have the designing bug. I thought, too, of renaming it. Is there some rule against changing the name of your blog? I was struck with an idea and might go with it.

Anyway, there is a point to this non-sensical ramble. Just wanted to drop a quick hello and post something I wrote in a letter to a friend...just because it's something I felt as if I should share. (Forgive the first-draft quality - it was written rather quickly)....

I’m reading one of McWilliams’ other books, Life 101, and it’s very good; very simple yet insightful. The whole first chapter is about life’s lessons and how there is a lesson in everything, no accidents, etc etc etc. And as I’m reading this, I’m thinking about people who don’t get that yet. How hard life must be for them – I remember my thoughts on it all before I learned that it was all on me and up to me, and everything was a lesson and a chance for growth. I was angry; had the whole “why me/poor me” syndrome going on. Now it’s “ok – what can I do to change this and what can I learn from it?” I see every “bad” thing in my life as a blessing; a chance to grow and be better. But for those that haven’t yet learned that pearl of wisdom, life must be very frustrating and difficult. I realized how very lucky I am to have learned that wisdom already – otherwise I would be in an even worse state about this whole leg thing. I would be thinking “Why did this happen to me? Why couldn’t I have just gotten over the surgery like everyone else?” Those things would’ve plagued my mind so badly, I’d of had an even harder time at recovery. I realize that it is a very important thing to learn – to stop blaming outside forces and “fate”, to realize the chance you’re being given to grow, to understand that the “bad” stuff is only good stuff behind a mask. Even better stuff, actually, than the plain and obvious “good” stuff. I just always took for granted that I knew that (had learned it – I didn’t always know it), but I see now how important it was; how important it is for everyone to realize this. It would make everyone’s lives so much better – if they stopped digging their heels in and resisting – stopped fighting the bad events that are plaguing them and learn to work through them and use them to grow stronger. It's just my hope that everyone learns this lesson - and will be able to enrich their lives because of it.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 9:25 AM
|




Powered by Blogger