Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Better late than never, I always say. I truly would've liked to give you the Xmas Review in a much more timely manner, but "the move" at work and the "evil sinus infection" have kept me far from the computer keys as of late. So let's get to it - before you know it, Xmas '04 will be here!

The holiday zoomed by, and nothing really stands out that calls for rehashing. There were a few highlights, though. I got my really awesome spiral thingy that I've been salivating over in the Pottery Barn catalog (thanks, baby). I got my sweetass dining room set (you've seen that). We spent a late Xmas evening with my family and enjoyed a family holiday feast of turducken. I don't know how many people know about turducken, if it's a regional thing or what. We first learned of the concept a few years back. Essentially, it's a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey. No, I'm not making that up. We didn't stuff it ourselves, but bought it all already crammed in. There were many other tasty side dishes, but the rolls deserve a mention - if only because of the endearing term my grandfather has taken to calling them - booty bread. Last, but never least, was a common sight in the homes of my family - a rather fluffy centerpiece.

New Year's is even less worth mentioning. Because I was on meds and still rather sick, I spent the entire evening sober as a judge - unless you count the single, celebratory glass of champagne that I nursed from 9pm until past midnight. We had a very small get together with friends at my place - it was a nice & quiet way to ring in the New Year. Unable to find Dick Clark, we were stuck watching the "Peach Drop" in Atlanta, GA - and we all agreed it looked like a big butt sliding down the pole.

So, with all the booty bread at Xmas and the booty dropping on New Year's, it's sure to be an interesting new year!

In other news, I'm still unable to walk away from the Ebay trap, I'm still ordering like crazy. But, hey, you can't pass up a chance to re-purchase the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, brand new, for $8.95 (mine was tossed out of the window all with all of the other CDs that were in my car when it was stolen). I also got good prices on the DVDs The Ring, The House of the Spirits and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

And does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Eileen's favorite birth control device (the Today Sponge) was taken off of the market? Well, that's me when it comes to The Body Shop's Mari Mari perfume. I'd first found the fragrance back in 2000 when my roomie worked at The Body Shop in the local mall. Never being big on perfumes, I knew this was my scent when she first brought me a sample home. It's not girly or flowery, but has a nice warm, seductive, musky yet still rain forest and feminine type scent. Last year I decided to buy a bottle only to find out The Body Shop no longer makes Mari Mari! Needless to say, I was upset. So now, any Mari Mari that goes up for bid on Ebay I snatch up like a vulture - battling others in the bidding war until the very last second (I've paid over $20 for a bottle already). It's just my luck that I'd find the scent I choose to be mine, and they stop making the shit.

Lastly, I'd like to leave by throwing in my two coppers on Britney's little "joke" wedding. She hasn't been in the media in a few months now, and this put her right back to the top of the headlines (as was planned). How do you get married - go get the license, go back to the chapel and then go through the entire procedure "accidentally"? How can it be a joke that "went too far"?? When the preacher says, "Do you?" (if you've already gotten that far) you say "NO!" Really simple. This entire little scheme confuses me. Aren't there other ways to get the media's attention focused back on you? Kissing girls or posing for Playboy or something? Getting "accidentally" married is pretty....stupid.

Later.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 3:25 PM
|




Powered by Blogger