Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Monday, January 26, 2004

Since this is the first Monday I've actually been at work in two weeks (having had off for the Governor's Inauguration & MLK Day, respectively), it sucks even more than normal.

It was a fun weekend, though. I was bored off my rump early Saturday morning - Baret was gone 2 hours away to his new godson's baptism, and I'd rather eat live cockroaches than drive that far to sit in church for a an hour then drive two whole hours back. Besides, my skin might melt off or something, and I really find I look better with skin. Nothing on the PC interested me - didn't feel like playing Everquest, The Sims, Sim City 3000 or even Neverwinter Nights (my main games). Didn't feel like designing graphics or web pages - wasn't even interested in getting caught up on my writing. So I called my best friend, Brand. He always comes up with something fun to do on the spur of the moment. It was 10am, and he was just waking up. He thought for a moment and said, "Let's go to Biloxi and see Qweeda." Biloxi? -shrug- Why not?

An hour later found us on the road, and I realized this was the first "spontaneous road trip" I'd been on in awhile. I missed this! I probably hadn't done so since I'd share an apartment with Brand & Qweeda when I first moved back to Baton Rouge in 2000. We drove the quick two hours there and went and picked our friend up, then had a yummy lunch at Ruby Tuesday's on "the strip". Even though it was a tad chilly, we opted to sit on the deck that's right on the beach. We then opted on a movie, and the only one playing at a relatively soon time was "Along Came Polly", which I could've skipped. Then we drove home, making it in around 10pm. I was exhausted, but I'd had fun. It was like the Lakeshore Place Reunion - probably the first time since we all moved out that the three of us have been together like that again.

Sunday was pre-requisite Everquest day. Baret and I hadn't had a day together since his return from the three-day business trip, so it was our day to our favorite thing - play Everquest from sun up 'til sun down. We grouped up with my younger brother and made beaucoup money. It was a lot of fun.

So Monday finds me back at my desk, pounding away at the keys and musing over a few things that really piss me off. One of the items listed below happened this morning, and it got me to thinking about other things that really, really tick me off - and "the list" was borne.

I'm a pretty easy-going person, for the most part. It takes a lot to really rile me, and even when it does, I'm not one to go off on random people. But here are a few things (most that have happened to me within the past week) that really make me want to scratch someone's eyeballs out:

It really pisses me off when...
1. ...people come into my office, then leave and don't re-shut the door. I keep my door closed b/c I like to blare my music and not bother others. To me, if you walk into someone's office and have to open the door to do so, it is only common courtesy to shut said door upon leaving. However, maybe that's just me. When people do this, I find myself wishing for their death.

2. ...someone gives me their computer to fix and does not leave me with any of their damn passwords! This is a huge pet peeve. If I'm going to be doing work on your computer, and you (as always) are going to be completely un-reachable, please, please, for the love of Judas, let me know any pertinent passwords so that I can actually do my job!

3. ...you stand in my doorway, discussing work, and are oggling the student worker's ass as she walks past and down the hallway (repeatedly as she walks further away!). That is so gross. Please, don't fucking do that. Do you think I don't notice - you're directly talking to and facing me! You are old and gross and you're creeping me out. Stop it.

And finally,
4. ...people ask me one of the following questions:
a. What happened to your leg?
b. When are you getting off the crutches?
c. What happened to your arms?
The answers are:
a. None of your damn business.
b. As soon as everyone quits asking me that fucking assinine question.
and
c. None of your damn business.

Of course, there are many other pet peeves, talking on the cell phone and driving, kicking the back of my seat during a movie, a day without sex...but those are the ones that stood out to me as I wrote the list.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday - it's one day closer to Friday, remember!


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 9:55 AM
|




Powered by Blogger