Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant
Need to know more?
True blue Scorpio
click to view all
June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006
Wednesday, February 11, 2004
I'm not sure what bothers me most about Joanne Webb being arrested for selling sex toys.
1. The fact that she was arrested period.
2. The fact that, in this day and age, this Texas town is still so deeply imbedded in their uber-Christian mentality that sex toys have to be listed as novelties to be even be sold. I mean, come the fuck on.
3. That the police department in Burleson obviously has nothing better to do than set up a sting operation to nail a woman that is selling sex toys to consenting (and most likely) married adults.
4. That two churches are now forbidding Webb and her family from attending. Let's cut the holier than thou crap, okay - or we saying none of the members have ever had sex or used a sex toy?!
5. That paster Gloria Gillaspie is too dumb to realize how much of an ass she's making of herself admitting to the rest of the country that she gave counseling to women that bought vibrators - and somehow convinced them that it hurt their marriages. There are lots of problems in marriages today, and if these women honestly believe their sex toys are causing those problems...fuck, what can I say? I'm starting to get a real good consensus of the brain power of the people of Burleson, Texas.
There are so many things wrong with this entire situation that I can't even begin to list them all. Shame on Burleson and it's religious leaders for teaching these people to be ashamed of sex or their sexuality! How dare they condemn this woman who is doing something positive for people - these sex parties, where women get together to look over sex toys as they would tupperware, are often a way for women normally too embarassed to talk about sex or purchase toys to really open up around friends.
You damn sex-is-evil-and-dirty Christians! I know not all of you believe this way, I'm yelling at the ones that do. At the ones that go to churches like the ones that banned Joanne Webb and her family so her that her wicked, whorish ways could not taint their hallowed walls. At the type of people that complained enough that the police department had to arrest this woman simply so they could feel safe in their little, sexless town. Sex is beautiful - sex is fun - sex is REAL - and it ain't going nowhere. Pretending it doesn't exist and shaming people into thinking sex is dirty and sinful is wrong on so many terrible levels. Sex will always be around and, especially in today's culture, it's staring you right in the face. You're going to have to learn to live with it.
I cannot grasp how these people believe that God created something so wonderful that it creates life, a miracle that is god-like in itself, yet intended for it to be a SIN. Someone please explain that to me. On one hand, God claims he wants you to have babies and bring forth life, yet on the other, he doesn't want you having sex. Anyone else confused? God doesn't give a rat's ass if you enjoy sex; in fact, I'd bet all my money that he probably, actually hopes that you do! Because the God that created this world obviously has one helluva sense of humor and someone that deviously mirthful just has to like the idea of sex.
All I have to say is shame on you Burleson, Texas and rock on, Joanne Webb! You've got a fan here in Louisiana - fight 'em the whole damn way. It's the only way we'll ever truly free ourselves from the sexual repression that exists every day for normal men and women, and especially, for our homosexual friends. Sex is not wrong. And if it is, I don't wanna be right.