Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Thursday, March 11, 2004

I am so bad. I smoked a cigarette today. Holy fuck, someone stop me. It can only lead to ruin from here. What in the hell was I thinking? I s m o k e d a *gasp* cigarette!!!!! You know what, fanatical-smoking-haters, bite me. I enjoyed every single nicotine-dripping, tobacco-filled, deathly waft of smoke. You people make me sick.

Probably the best piece you'll ever seen on the lunacy of the anti-smokers is the South Park episode "Butt Out". This website gives a run-down of the entire show, but you really have to see it. The linked article summed it up best here:
Perhaps what they're trying to say isn't that they [The Tobacco Companies] are good, it's that the anti-smoking groups throw the concept of hating Tobacco companies too far. Deciding to smoke or not is still a matter of free will, and although the tobacco companies shouldn't be releasing a product that's naturally addictive and mostly deadly, we should stop trying to be such whiny assholes, yelling at anyone who smokes or anyone who's making money from a product. After all, if this is the case with Tobacco companies, what about stupid lawsuits against fast food companies that supposedly make children fat, or possibly against soda companies since their product essentially causes dehydration, bad teeth, and osteoporosis?

My favorite part of the episode is when the boys tell Rob Reiner that using his excessive amounts of money to push for changes that he believes are good, because he believes that everyone else in the world doesn't know any better, is, quite simply, fascism.

So why does the entire smoke-or-die thing piss me off so? Well, fuck, isn't it obvious? You're fucking with people's free will here. I seriously don't believe there is a person out there that has watched one of those retarded "TRUTH" commercials, slapped themselves upside the head and went, "Gosh darn, I never knew. I'm going to stop smoking today!" Everyone who smokes (barring the fucking retards that smoked for 40 years then sued the tobacco companies b/c they lost a lung) knows the dangers of smoking. We can read the Surgeon General's Warning and we'd have to be living under a rock not to have heard that it's the #1 preventable killer and completely and utterly bad all around for you. I know this, everyone else that smokes knows this. So why do we continue to smoke?

Because we want to! And that's nobody's business but ours and our blackened lungs begging for air. Get it? The kicker? I'm not even addicted to smoking. I smoke, maybe, twice every two weeks now. Yes, that's all. I rarely smoke in public and I've even giving up smoking in my car. Since I'm too lazy to hobble outside every time I want to light up, I just don't do it unless I really feel like it. I like to smoke. *Gasp* It may be an extremely unpopular thing to voice these days, but, there, I said it. I'm not one of those people who smokes and wishes they could stop. I'm not one of those people who has tried quitting and just can't. I'm not one of those people who used to smoke heavily and now hates cigarettes and smokers with a passion. I used to smoke a lot; now I don't. Will I ever completely quit? I doubt it. People, I like smoking - and that's my personal choice. And no one has the right to demand I stop or throw it in my face because of my personal choice.

I spent some time, a few years ago, in the Yahoo! message board's anti-smoking discussions. What a bunch of fucking wackjobs! These people were insane about smoking. Some even going so far as to say parents who smoked (even ones that went outside to do it) were horrible parents and their kids should be taken away from them. That people who smoked in public places were no better than murderers. Murderers. That should give you an idea of just how fucking insane and fanatical these people are - and why I'm so damn adamant about speaking out against them.

Fuck the haters. Next time I light up, I'll inhale a good, long one for you all.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 9:15 AM
|




Powered by Blogger