Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Friday, March 19, 2004

So every now and again I like to jump in with some nice, sappy/happy crap to break up the monotony of....well, bitching. And I told myself I would let this morning's birdsong, oh-joy-of-spring, happy, happy, joy, joy post be the shot of positive joy into my bitchy darkness, and that I would not let myself post the oh-so-bitchy things that went on in my world today after the joyful awakening to birdsong.

But fuck that. It's this bitchy Scorpio's time of the month - which means it ain't no time to be bitin' my tongue.

"Wait," you're thinking, "is she gonna bitch about work again?"

Damn fuckin' right. You know what blows about being an i.t. tech - worse than being blamed for every single computer nuance that doesn't work correctly? Having dumb fucking asshats ask you questions they apparently believe they already know the answers to. Nothing quite tops the cake like that, my friends.

I should explain. I'm the moderator for a certain program in our agency that runs the gamut of what our agency does. It's a shitty program - I've told you about it before, the one IBM fucked us over on - that works as its supposed to about 45% of the time. So today I get a call from someone having problems with the system. He thought it was behaving oddly. I wasn't sure, so I called our main tech guy who maintains the program. He told me that the program was running fine, guy was just misinformed on how it *should* be running.

I called him back and explained - "It's doing just what it should be....[insert technical-sounding info]..."

Homeboy seems to think that *he* knows how the system works - way better than main tech guy who runs it & knows the very guts of it and *moi* moderator who has been dealing with said program for over three years. You don't need to know how the system works to understand how his response pissed me off beyond belief.

His answer was something along the lines of, "Well, Shanna, I think you need to do some more research. I know for a fact that when I do {this} that {this} happens."

I tried, calmly & professionally, to explain to him that, well, no, it doesn't do that.

Then bitchass-motherfucker got bitchy with me (which he WILL regret when I'm done), and said something along the lines of:

"Well, I *know* that it does {such & such}. I'm going to call you back on Monday and we're going to discuss this again - when you guys have your *heads clear* because I know this is how it works."

The heads-clear statement referring to the fact that I was extremely busy when he called and had indicated so to him.

Just before I talked to him, I had another person ask me about another supposed problem, who then proceeded to argue with me when I told him the answer - b/c he didn't think that was what the program did.

So, for the record, I would just like to say:
Listen, you goddamn fucking fucks, if you already *obviously* think you KNOW the answers - then why in the fucking hell are you bothering me with these assinine questions?!!

If you are going to call me with a computer/program question, and then argue with me about what you think the answer is - then why in the fuck are you calling me in the first place? Obviously you already have all of the answers. Far be it from me to disagree with you or point out the actual facts. I'm just the fucking computer person - what do I know anyway?

Can you imagine having a job where everyone calls you with their problems - yet when you try to solve them, they say, "Oh, no, that's wrong. It's *this* way." Then what in the hell did you need me for? Oh, and for the record, you're absolutely fucking wrong so don't come crying to me when shit *still* isn't working after you continue on with your genuis ideas on how-things-are-supposed-to-work.

Thank you all for letting me vent. It really upset me today when the asshats called me looking for solutions - then basically told me I was stupid & wrong b/c they didn't like the answers I gave (which were, by the way, correct). I plan to get them back on Monday by having an email sent to them, and their supervisors, from the highest-up (above me) techs explaining how things actually work - which is in direct opposition to how they claim to *know* they work. Fuck with me? I'll fuck you over in a second. Didn't you know I was a Scorpio?


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 7:22 PM
|




Powered by Blogger