Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Thursday, April 08, 2004

I just want to fucking say - the next time "they" decide to go and change the dial-in procedures for field inspectors, "they" can field all of the god-damn fucking PHONE CALLS, EMAILS & NEXTEL PAGES that come en masse because nothing they set up works properly!! GRRRRRRR!!

The last three days have been nothing short of work-hell -

First they send out an email to all of our people (and not to us so we have no idea what's going on) telling them to set up a new dial-up connection. Since more than half of our people are completely computer-illiterate this caused a plethora of problems in and of itself.

Then they send another email out saying, wait, the number we gave you to use doesn't work. So I have to send an email out telling them to just hold off - don't do anything until we can get back to them.

My supervisor tells me he'll handle it and will decide what to do, as I'm busy installing new systems. The day before the old dial-ins will no longer work and I ask him about it - he tells me to type up and email with instructions and send it out. Ok, jeez, what the fuck ever.

The next day, nothing works. No one can get in. I walk into my office and my phone is ringing off the hook, my Nextel is going off every few seconds and my Inbox is filled with "I can't get in! Please help!" messages. Not only are there problems with the actual dial-in connection, there are a handful of just stupid people that couldn't follow the simple instructions. Have you ever set up a dial-up connection on a computer before? It's pretty simple - the wizard does everything for you, all you have to think about is what to type in (connection name & phone number) and we provided them with that. Takes less than two minutes. So why did it take one of our inspectors two mother-fucking hours (as he indicated in an email to his supervisor and cc'ed me) to set everything up? Two hours. To set up a dial-in connection.

So "they" realize that about half of the accounts they set up on their end are wrong/bad. They send out another list of new user names and passwords - so that even the people that could get in before still have new user info. My boss tells me yesterday morning, in the midst of all this insanity, "I have things I have to do - you are going to have to field all of these calls."

"Things he has to do" are things he should've taken care of months ago but hasn't b/c he puts things off horribly (drives me nuts). So he decides THEN that he's going to do them. So I have to field all of the insanity. Oh fuck yeah.

So this morning I come in and I have voicemails - people calling me for help before 8:00 even. "I can't get in, I can't get in." I hadn't sat down yet and my phone was ringing and my Nextel was going off. FUCK, PEOPLE!! Come to find out, the only reason most of them can't get in *this time* is because they're typing in the fucking passwords wrong. ---banging head against desk--

Between "them" (the data people), my supervisor, and the fucking asshats I'm trying to help, this has been one of the most fucked up weeks I have ever had at work. I've had to completely stop installing the new systems (something we were supposed to get done months ago, but my sup. kept putting off, and now I'm the ONLY ONE installing 70+ systems) to take care of this crap. Fuck fucking dial-up, fuck fucking supervisors who make 3x's what you do yet make YOU do all of the work, fuck fucking stupid couldn't-find-their-way-out-of-a-paper-bag-with-both-ends-cut-out users. Fuck this shit.

Ok. I feel better now. Tomorrow is fucking Good Friday and I'm so damn happy - even if it *wasn't* a holiday, I wouldn't come in. If I don't make it back here before, hope everyone has a good Easter.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 7:06 AM
|




Powered by Blogger