Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Monday, April 05, 2004

I've got a lot to say, and no time to say it. Don't you hate that?

Until I have the time, though, let me just jump on here for a few - let you guys know I'm still around.

Yes, I've re-established my relationship with Love; I'm once again a believer. But being around your soulmate all day can do that to you. Sometimes I think I'm the luckiest woman in the world because I know, without a doubt, that I have found my other half. How then, I'm sure you're wondering, can I question Love? Well, that can best be summed up by one of my favorite quotes "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle. I feel that I can believe in Love, yet still question it. I believe I can honestly point out its bad points and possible falsehoods, while not allowing that to diminish my true feelings on the subject.

I was so damn busy this weekend - and since last weekend I was in Monroe for its entirety - I am not doing *a thing* this one coming. I always say that, and shit always comes up. And Easter is Sunday - fuck - so I have to give up my favorite relaxation day (again). Why are we celebrating Easter, I ask myself. My family cooks and gets together every year at that time, but none of us are extremely Christian - most of us aren't at all, in fact. My mother and sister consider themselves Gnostic, my brother is an atheist, I'm the self-proclaimed Buddhist-Pagan and my Dad worships a god named Bud Light. The rest of my family couldn't give a toss, but they call themselves Christian because they, like most people, just grabbed the religious moniker they were raised with since they weren't inclined to seek out their own or really gave a damn either way. I suppose it's just a good reason to all get together and enjoy a nice, sit-down-together dinner. But surely we can make ourselves get together like that without the excuse of honoring a holiday that means nothing to any of us? I don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead on Easter day - no more than I believe any of the other 'gods' did that were said to have risen on the same day in various ancient religions. I don't get how the religious aspects of the holiday got mixed up with hiding dyed eggs and eating chocolate bunnies either. But I still celebrate Easter. I guess that goes back to the Aristotle quote given above, eh? I can be down with Easter and still not accept its reasonings for existing. It's just another excuse to get off work, get together with family, eat and drink. That's the real reason we celebrate any holiday.

Friday - we have Friday off. Oh, bless you, Good Friday.

I just started playing a game called 1602 A.D. It's sort of fun - but rather difficult (the tutorials don't teach you crap). Has anyone else ever played this game? Any pointers? It's strategy - exploring new worlds, establishing new settlements and making them grow - all the while going to war and fighting off pirates. I played it enough last nite (in a Chardonnay-haze) that I dreamed about starting new settlements and searching for islands with iron ore deposits all damn nite.

Enough rambling - lunch is over and I've got to get back to work. We've begun, excuse me, I have begun, the arduous task of installing the new computer systems here at the office. I've got about 60+ left to go. And since I'm the only one doing it, and am only able to do 2 per day, you can just about guess what my work days are going to be like for the next two months. This, along with all of the other little problems that crop up and I have to solve while I'm setting up these new computers (first time hooking up to a big network - so it's new to me), is making work anything but fun. I usually enjoy my job, but this is just...a lot. A helluva lot and I'm frustrated that I'm not getting any help with it (which is not how it was supposed to go down). But what can you do when you are one part of a two-person i.t. team taking care of over 200 systems? Not much; not much at all.

So if you only hear from me sparingly this week, that is the reason. Sorry for the senseless ramble, but I do believe it's about all my brain is capable of coming up with right now. I can't think in coherent enough sentences to write anything viable when all that's going through my head is i.p. addresses, connecting to the domain, roaming profiles, and how-long-is-this-huge-ass-file-transfer going to take? Hope everyone has a good one.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 10:45 AM
|




Powered by Blogger