Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Monday, July 05, 2004

Two years ago today I walked into the hospital to have my first knee surgery. It was the last time I walked anywhere. In three days I go back for surgery #2 (#4 if you want to count the manipulations - if you got to put to sleep, I think it counts). But this time - the end result is going to be different. I will walk again.

On a less somber note, I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. I awoke early this morning, having the day off makes no difference to my body's internal clock, and was blinded by the sunlight pouring into the room. I realized it had been ages since I'd seen sunlight like that. Here in Louisiana it rained 28 out of June's 30 days. Everyday was bleak and dreary and wet. July looks to be starting off a bit sunnier.

It was too hot yesterday to be outside, so my family stayed in and made hamburgers. We, as always, had a grand time.

I want you, for a moment, to have a look at this cool grandpa, my own Pa-Pa Riley. He's one fiesty character and, yes, he always dresses so brightly. He thinks the rest of us drape ourselves in "boring" colors. Keep the image of this quirky, sweet looking old man in your mind as you read this exchange:

Me: "Okay, Pa, I'm going to take your picture. Smile. Say...um, pineapple (in reference to his fruity shirt)."

Pa-Pa Riley: Pineapple? I thought you were supposed to say 'shit'. It's 'shit', isn't it...oh, no 'cheese', I mean 'cheese' is what I thought you were supposed to say."

No, he wasn't joking. He honestly thought people everywhere grinned widely and said "shit" when having their picture taken. He even went into detail about how he could see 'shit' might even work better than 'cheese' because your mouth didn't change position quite as much.

Earlier on I'd made my sister laugh while she was taking a sip of her daiquiri. It went up her nose, which I was told "burns really, really bad". So, for revenge she showed me the latest trailer for The Sims 2, which isn't due out 'til September. Oh the agony of waiting! I've already informed Baret that once The Sims 2 is released he can sell all of my old games on Ebay and that we will no longer have a social life. Every waking moment not at work will be spent playing The Sims 2; for the first few weeks, of course.

Later that night, after a botched attempt at trying to go and see the fireworks on the levee, my sister and her boyfriend, my brother and his girlfriend, and my mother and me sat around the computer watching crazy videos. We also wasted an altogether-too-large chunk of our lives playing What's Her Bra-Size. After trying to guess the bulk of 100 celebrities' melons, I came to realize that my Mom knows way too much about stars' boobs. She got almost all of them right! Well, "almost all" compared to the ones we all got right - in the end, we still sucked with a score of something like 51/100. Wah.

So though I doubt any of you spent your holiday gathered around a computer guessing at bra sizes with your family, or yelling "Shit" everytime a picture was snapped, I hope all of you had as much fun as we did.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 6:11 AM
|




Powered by Blogger