Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I'm having a day - a motherfucking day I tell you!!! I'm amazed I don't have a fucking migraine now!

So there's this guy at the office that likes to be difficult - I don't know why, but he does. I won't go into detail about what he's doing, but suffice it to say that it got me upset enough that I had to walk away from my office for about 10 minutes to calm down; either that or go home and punch the wall until it or my hand broke. Yes, I was about 2 seconds from losing it. He's still trying, and I'm still fighting for my sanity - just know that however bad your day seems to be going, it can't be this bad.

I don't get paid enough to be this stressed out.

So let's talk about happier things. EQII - that's happy. The whiny morons on the EQII boards, though, that's not happy.

In short, what happened was that the EQII servers went down for almost two days (not quite two days). SOE employees worked 40+ hours straight to get them back up and the president of SOE himself sent out an apology - we were given 3 free days on our accounts and two days of accelerated experience gain to make up for the downtime.

Then you have these immature and childish people on the boards whining "I want my money back" (you got it), or "Let's all file a class action lawsuit" - you know, for missing a few hours of gameplay. I mean, come the fuck on. It's a fucking game (contrary to the asshats that claimed it's the same as the electricity & water that we pay for simply because it's a paid service). In the world of computers, I know from professional experience, anything that can go wrong, will. These guys clocked some serious overtime and even flew people in from out of state to get these losers back up as quickly as possible, and then they have to go to the forums and see nothing but bitching, whining, and griping for their good efforts. I've been there - spent copious amounts of overtime and sweat to get people back up and running, only to have them turn around and throw vitriol your way. It wasn't up fast enough, it shouldn't have broken at all. Really? Then you fucking maintain it and learn how to fix it. I'm sorry - it's a huge pet peeve.

Anything that is computer-based and run is going to run into problems; its going to break and go down and no amount of back-ups or back servers is going to fix this problem. People need to get a grip - I felt that SOE handled it the best they could (hourly updates on the forums even) and compensated everyone profusely. But then you had dumbasses saying "Well, the apology doesn't help me because I work on Monday and Tuesday - so they need to let us CHOOSE when we get our free time." I mean, come on. I know you can't please everyone all the time - and SOE did their best and fuck the haters - but people like this make me want spit nails. How can they expect this company to please every single one of their millions of customers all the time? Impossible.

Oh, and for my also-into-EQII readers, I play on the Guk server. Nysa/Half Elf Predator, Ghia/Gnome Sorcerer and Mielikki/Ratonga Summoner. And if any of the rest of you had any doubts as to my true geekiness - there it is.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 9:34 AM
|




Powered by Blogger