Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I'm still amazed, though I shouldn't be, by the number of people that find my blog and site simply because they cannot spell.

The number of hits from searches for things like "porstitute", "housewires", and "werhoes" grows in number every day. And, of course, I still get the occasional hit for "coffee anima". I'm going to rename my blog: "anima - the blog you find when you can't spell what you're looking for".

I have lunch-phone duty today. Let's see if we can make it through the hour without getting yelled at, bitched at or hung up on. The odds are not in my favor.

People seem to have a real problem with other people eating. Nine times out of ten when I say "Everyone is out to lunch right now; you'll have to call back in an hour" the person on the other end of the line is going to say something like this:

"Everybody? There's nobody there that I can talk to?"

Because apparently the word "everyone" leaves room for confusion.

Most of these geniuses actually get angry - with me. As if it is I that has deemed everyone in the agency is allowed to leave for lunch between 11:30-12:30. As though I purposefully sent everyone away just at the time this person decided to call; my powers amaze even me.

I had one guy who had actually come in go off on me, throwing his hands up, yelling that he'd never heard of anything "so stupid" - as people going to lunch? He really should get out more. He ended his tirade by telling me that I was "useless" and storming out of the building. I have to admit, that day my ability to tap my heels three times and make everyone reappear at their desks wasn't working; I completely see his point.

I had one woman that just couldn't seem to grasp the concept. She asked me no less than three times, in an incredulous voice, "You mean to tell me that every one - every single person - is out to lunch?" Yes, I really don't know how much clearly I can say it.

Last month a foreign man called. After stating why he was calling & asking to speak to someone in a particular section, I gave him my spiel, "I'm sorry, sir, but everyone is out to lunch right now - you'll have to call back after 12:30."

To this, he laughed - like I'd just said an unfunny joke - and then repeated his query and asked to speak to someone in a particular section.

"They're out to lunch," I repeated, slowly. "No one in that section is here - you'll have to call back."

Then he said, "O-kay" like he was humoring a small child and repeated his request.

"No," I told him, thinking he may understand that word. "You can't talk to them - they aren't here - they are at lunch. Call-back."

He then sounded confused, as if he'd just gotten it but still was unsure, "Oh, um..ok. Call..back. Bye."

Who knows what insanity awaits me today?


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 9:08 AM
|




Powered by Blogger