Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

My life is a constant irony.

Yesterday I was working on a post telling how much less stress I'm under now that I've changed my work hours. I leave an hour earlier and go home an hour earlier than before and that one hour has made such a difference in the traffic that Baret has noted a marked difference in my attitude when I come home.

I still have my problems and run-ins and aggravations, but it is much less.

So I had this post knocking around in my head yesterday but I didn't have time to get it out - I intended to write & post it when I got home.

Here's where the irony comes in.

I was almost in an accident coming home from work yesterday.

A car started coming over in my lane - I was laying on the horn but the car kept coming over (surprise, surprise). All I could do was swerve sharply to the right and floor it to hurry and get past so I wouldn't get hit. As I zoomed past, the front end of the car (thankfully it was coming over at a snail's pace) nearly grazing my back end, I looked in my rearview mirror to see a little old lady behind the wheel. She could barely see over the steering wheel and she was, just as slowly, easing back into her lane - she hadn't heard my horn and hadn't seen me, apparently, until I was almost completely past her. I watched and she then slowly began inching back over into the right lane still not looking to see if anyone was there. She didn't even glance in her mirrors.

I got home upset and shaking badly - it was that close. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

I found my Beth Gibbons CD! It wasn't in the freezer (and I did check), but behind my driver's seat. I never saw it. Baret rode with me somewhere this week and he found it (without even looking, of course). That figures because then he gets to give me "the look" as he shakes his head chidingly; the look that says "you silly, absent-minded little girl, you would lose your fingers if they weren't attached". Sadly, it's true. I would.

Since tomorrow is Good Friday and that is a holiday, today is officialy pseudo-Friday - which is just as good for me. We're having boiled crawfish at Baret's family's Sunday - the first this year, and I CANNOT WAIT. I talked to Mom yesterday and she asked me what our Easter plans were. I said something along the lines of, "Well, we're going to Baret's family's because they are boiling crawfish. And I love you guys and everything, but I will choose crawfish over you." Actually it was all good; they were planning to have Easter around our schedule so we'll be having another Easter dinner/supper with them. Hopefully talk around the dinner table will be as colorful this year as it was last - let's put it this way, conservative folks would not want to have dinner with us.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend!


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 5:24 AM
|




Powered by Blogger