Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Zippity-Zoo Day!

I wish I could take credit for that title but that is actually the moniker given to the Baton Rouge Zoo's little gala affair that we attended today. My best friend called us early this morning and, pointing out how gorgeous it was outside, suggested we go to the zoo. It was a lovely idea.

Note to self:
The zoo is a much more enjoyable place when it is not Zippity-Zoo Day. Unless you enjoy hordes and hordes of screaming, crying, growling children and rude parents who are so busy gabbing on their cell phones they don't think to step out of the way of your wheelchair.


All things considered, we did have a nice time. Yet I have to say I prefer the quieter days at the zoo, when it is semi-crowded, than when it overfloweth as it did today. I find the older I get the more I dislike crowds. Of course, the older I get the less I find I like people in general so maybe it's just part and parcel of my overall disdain for my fellow man.

After a good bit of sun and over-exposure to bad kids, we left. I remember why we only visit every few years.

I know it's a week late, but we had a nice Easter. After dinner found the entire family sitting around the kitchen gossiping about all of the "crazy" people in town (past and present), a particular family member's questionable choice in women, and current affairs. My grandfather stated that should he end up in a situation similar to Terri Schiavo that I have to pull the plug. When I asked why I was being chosen for this he informed me that I was the only one "tough and mean" enough to do it; I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

We had a nice time and everyone had gotten slammed with at least one wicked, dead-on one-liner before the night was done. My family are aces at those and no one is immune. What better way is there to show love than attacking one anothers' weaknesses in fun? None, I tell you.

I'll end this pointless ramble now with a little reminder: Don't forget, time changes tomorrow! Set your clocks forward.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 4:01 PM
|




Powered by Blogger