Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm happy to report (a bit late) that the Def Leppard tickets got sold. More important to me than getting some of my money back from the investment was that they got used; that someone got to enjoy one of the best live bands ever (IMHO). Thanks to J. & D. - I hope you both enjoyed the show immensely.

I'm trying to start writing again. More than just my fiery rants and opinionated essays; I'd like to get back into writing fiction. At one time, it was my greatest passion. I've only ever wanted to be a writer, an authoress. It's what I do - it's my calling. But the idea of writing a book or even a short story seems so daunting. I talk myself out of being able to do it before I even start. But I love writing. It's so cathartic for me; it's the only thing that really brings me true peace. And I'm the queen of starting a story and never finishing it - once I lose interest, it's done. I know you're supposed to train yourself to write something - anything - every single day. But if I force my writing it's so obvious; it lacks any substance or depth. I only write when I'm inspired, and lately I'm much less so. I know I need to just do it - no matter if what I get out is crap, at least I'm writing. It's just hard to put myself into a routine. Routine is really not part of my vocabulary.

No luck yet with contacting the hospital with my complaints. They don't exactly post a "complain to us here" link on the website. In fact, there is a definite lack of contact information on there. Don't worry, I'll find a way.

This is the hospital, in case you were wondering; the Bluebonnet location. Don't go there. Of course, you have few other options in Baton Rouge. I wouldn't suggest going to the Lady of the Lake's "Fast Track"(that's the joke of the year) ER either. If you get wounded, just hope you have a doctor in the family.

I really think my boss is losing it. Yesterday we had to make a very expensive support call to IBM - you know how pricey those can be. And wouldn't you know, he just couldn't help himself and started off with one of his stories..."When I was in the Navy..."

He is one of those people that loves to tell his life story - to everyone, all of the time. And we're not talking interesting little snippets or short antidotes of an exciting life abroad. We're talking hours-long narratives about what he and his family ate at a particular restaurant in Germany twenty years ago. And it's not a sometimes thing. People do everything they can not to get caught in his office, because one he starts talking you're trapped. You are stuck there for, at least, an hour (maybe 30-45 minutes if you're lucky) listening to stuff you have no interest in. I've never met someone that thought their own lives were so interesting and were so impressed with themselves. He is, honestly, the most self-centered person I have ever met in my life. There are days I want to run from this office screaming because he drives me so insane. Some of these stories I've heard 3 and 4 times already. When he walks in my office and takes a seat, I know I'm in for a long story. Which is usually when I'm busy working - and he's visiting. There's a reason all of my work gets done and he's behind on just about every project he's ever given.

In closing, I would just like to send a message to the people at Blizzard Entertainment - you totally suck. I am completely addicted to World of Warcraft. It's all I want to do. Do you have support groups for this?

Oh, and if you have a minute, you have to go check out The Great Conspiracy, Revealed from The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Person. I laughed my freakin' ass off.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 5:07 AM
|




Powered by Blogger