Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Thursday, June 16, 2005

It is not a good day.

JoJo When I got home yesterday, Baret asked me if JoJo, our cat, had come in with me. He hadn't and immediately a nagging feeling began to gnaw at my stomach. JoJo is always home when we get home, wailing to be let in if he was out. Always.

As of this morning, he still isn't home. In the four years that he's been a part of my life, he has never - never - not come home overnight.

The worse thing about it, though I keep telling myself to repeat positive mantras in my head, is that I feel like something is wrong. I feel like he's not coming back. I can't begin to describe how my heart is breaking.

JoJo is a most unusual cat. He is, quite literally, the heart and soul of this household. His absence, already, has created a silent, painful void. The bed seemed so empty last night without him curling up between us. Going to pee this morning, it hurt not to have him following me in the bathroom and jumping in the bathtub; he likes me to turn the faucet on to drip so he can drink the water. When I get home from work, he meets me at the gate, if he's in the patio, or at the door, if he's inside, and tells me about his day. No, really, he's one of the most talkative cats I've ever encountered.

Whenever I've been laid up in bed, recovering from surgery, he's been at my side constantly. He'd leave only to use the litter box and eat and then he was right back in the bed with me. In the evenings, he would fuss at me to go lay in the bed with him. His greatest joy in life was when Mama and Daddy were both in bed with him - if it were bedtime or the middle of the day, it didn't matter.

JoJo I can say with surety that I don't think anyone or anything has ever loved me as consumately as my JoJo does. His love is overbearing sometimes, to a point of irritation often. He's like a gregarious dog in his affection - and he loves everyone that walks in the door. Very uncat-like. Even company that comes over and are not fans of cats always say, "I don't like cats, but I love JoJo." He's unique, there's no doubting that.

This evening, if he still isn't home, we're going to go and put flyers around the neighborhood. I wish I didn't have this terrible sinking feeling in my heart, this knot in my stomach, and this awful wretched thought in my head that I'll never see him again. I keep denying it, and trying to think positive, but... I just don't know.

Meanwhile, if you see a lithe black cat with a beautiful, shiny black coat and big green eyes wearing a black yin-yang collar, could you please send him home?


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 3:39 AM
|




Powered by Blogger