Strange as it may seem, this life is based on a true story." - Ashleigh Brilliant


Whois


name: shanna
age: 28
sign: scorpio
live: louisiana
feeling:
The current mood of shanna at www.imood.com

Need to know more?

One Million Blogs - Be One!

Pin-up girl by Rion Vernon; used with permission. Header design by the totally awesome Rose. The rest by moi.


More

home

skatoolaki.com

MySpace profile

100 & 100 more things

Spam Recycled

Hotling Hilarity

email

RSS


Blogroll

Blogroll Me!


Rings

<< # Bitch Club ? >>

< # Blogging Bitches ? >

(~ waterblogged ~)

<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->

< ? off on a rant + >

True blue Scorpio


Archives

click to view all


Support/Fan of

Support
Stop This Country - Daryl Wants to Get Off

Show Your Support

      
Marriage is love.

Adagio Teas

Fan of
ATHF Fan

Brian Fan

Stewie Fan

Stewie vs Brian Fan

Love Bites Fan

Fae Fan

Pringles Fan

Angelina Jolie Fan

Law and Order SVU Fan

Everquest Fan

World of Warcraft Fan

The Sims 2 Fan

Neverwinter Nights Fan

Credits 'n Counters


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

free web tracker

 


Pet Projects

Star Suck

Fan Suck


Stuff


My blog is worth $14,113.50.
How much is your blog worth?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

It takes a helluva lot to shock me; I've seen a lot and done a lot, well, I've been around the block. In fact, I generally admit that it's damn near impossible to shock me.

But there's little in the world that can prepare you for getting a phone call from your baby brother and hearing him say, "How do you feel about being an aunt?"

Yeah, that shocked me.

I'm getting closer to 30, my younger sister is 24 and my brother will turn 23 later this month. None of us are married, and none of us have given my parents a grandchild.

Set in our ways, I guess it seemed that a new life, a new child, was far - if ever - from coming into our small family. Pretty much everyone I and my siblings knew or grew up around had gotten married and/or produced at least two offspring. It just seemed that wasn't our lot.

But now I think of a little niece or nephew...a grandchild for my parents to dote on, a great-grandchild for my grandfather to be proud of...and I wonder why in the hell we waited so long? Holidays will have special meaning again; when it's all adults, it simply isn't the same. The family is carrying on, and that is a wonderful feeling. Already I'm dreaming of what my niece/nephew will be like, the kind of relationship we'll have, what it will be like to have new life...a child...in the family, around during holidays and special occasions.

In all of the pain and suffering we've seen, in all of the losses that surround us...on the day that - as anyone who reads this blog knows - is most painful for me, a message of light and love and hope has been born.

There is always Light in the Darkness, after all.


- shanna bared her soul & griped a bit @ 5:13 PM
|




Powered by Blogger